Hi, my name is Brent.
I'm a (front-end) developer
Over the past decade, I've collaborated on various large-scale projects. My teammates describe me as passionate, user-centric, knowledgeable, and someone with diverse interests and a positive mindset.
I have a passion for building good products that serve the end-user. Moreover, I believe product development is a team sport that benefits from different disciplines working closely together.
- Sr. Front-end Developer
- December 2021 - Present
- Typescript, NextJS, React, Redux, Jest, Cypress, Python, FastApi.
- Developed an internal marketing tool for product managers, which helped refine their marketing strategy.
- Defined the front-end architecture of the project, helped back-end colleagues, and closely collaborated with our designer.
- Implemented authentication for front- and back-end to the Coolblue OpenID Connect auth provider.
- Involved in a React standards task force which has as its goal to remove common challenges.
Worth Internet Systems
- Sr. Front-end Developer, Tech Lead
- March 2012 - 30 November 2021
- Served as tech lead for a team that was responsible for various lottery projects like Staatsloterij Groepsspelen, Eurojackpot, and Krasloten.
- Set up the front-end of large government projects like Innovation Funding Service, Evenementenkaart Den Haag, and a visa application tool for the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Developed front-end and back-end code, conducted unit tests, and maintained infrastructure in code.
- Gave accessibility training to colleagues, which covered various areas of WCAG.
- 2009 - 2015
- Co-founded a small media company with my brother.
- Supplied hosting on a VPS for our customers.
- Helped with creating animations, illustrations, and brochures which were published by regional media.
Communication & Multimedia Design
- 2006 - 2011
Bachelor of Science at the University of Applied Science, De Haagse Hogeschool
- Dutch (native)
- English (fluent)
First and foremost, I am grateful to have a wonderful family. Most of my private time I spend with my beautiful daughter, son, and wife. When I'm not spending time with them, I indulge in activities that combine my love for technology and design. Here are a few examples:
- Programming: Developed a web app for flying a Bluetooth Drone with a PlayStation controller using React, Web Bluetooth API, and the Gamepad API.
- 3D Design: Currently drawing and rendering my new house and furniture in Blender.
- Photography: Passionate about capturing moments and exploring creativity with a DSLR camera.
- Amusement Parks: Love the combination of technological innovation and design storytelling.
- Gaming: Enjoying interactive narratives and well-crafted gameplay experiences.